Thursday, October 8, 2009

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Dr. Phil Sued Over "Treatment" Alleged To Include Sexual Abuse

Source: TMZ
Date Retrieved: October 8,2009

Lawsuit -- Dr. Phil Trapped Me, Touched My Breast
Posted Oct 8th 2009 6:05AM by TMZ Staff

Dr. Phil is being sued by a woman who claims the TV shrink held her captive inside his production offices, forced her to stare at a naked man -- and then grabbed her left breast.

According to the suit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, a woman named Shirley Dieu claims she went to Phil to seek therapy in 2007 -- but instead she claims the doc tried to "brainwash" her and force her to endure all sorts of physical and emotional abuse.

In the docs, Shirley claims Phil forced her to "be in the same room with a completely naked live man while he exposed his entire naked body, genitals and all."

Shirley alleges she tried to escape the building, but "was blocked by the staff to prevent her from leaving."

In the docs, Shirley also claims Phil "touched her left breast during her therapy session."

Shirley also claims Phil lied to her about being a "real" doctor -- alleging that the TV shrink "is not licensed to practice in the state of California."

Shirley doesn't specify how much money she wants from Phil -- but we're assuming it's an insane figure.

The last lawsuit that Dr.Phil was slapped with was just weeks earlier -- five "Dr. Phil" fans sued the very show they once loved -- after a road trip to catch a taping of the program allegedly turned into the worst experience of their lives.

According to the lawsuit, filed last month in L.A. County Superior Court, the brakes on the bus "failed and lost power, making the bus unable to stop" ... causing it to collide with "another vehicle, two concrete curbs, an iron fence and two trees."

This TV personality, who is not even currently licensed as a psychiatrist is once again in hot water.  This is not the first time that "Dr. Phil" has been accused of sexual misconduct or abuse. Although he is practicing "medicine" in California without a license, it seems Phillip McGraw is certainly doing his best to be "one of the boys", and showing the world how much of a psychiatrist he truly is. 10% of psychs admit to sexually abusing their patients. Dr. Phil is currently denying these claims, (as he's denied others) putting him in the category of the other 90%. More information to come.

Additional Sources:
Copy of the lawsuit (via Fox)
Woman Sues Dr. Phil McGraw for Alleged Sexual Harassment, Brainwashing
Dr. Phil: Sexual Abuse Claims Have No Merit
Dr. Phil Accused Of Sexual Harrassment In New Lawsuit Shocker
Dr. Phil accused of long-term sexual misconduct

Share/Bookmark Sphere: Related Content


Sasha on December 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM said...

No updates from you since Oct. I hope this means there's not so much bad stuff going on in the psychiatry world.

Sasha on December 24, 2009 at 3:11 PM said...

Popped across to wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas P.E :)

Jhon mac on June 29, 2018 at 9:32 AM said...

Thanks for shearing about this I thinks its very hopeful post and very important post for us.Thanks for your great and helpful presentation I like your good service.I always appreciate your post.
dr phil program

Post a Comment